Environmental and Purchasing Policy
Girlington Garage, LLC is committed to meeting or exceeding the requirements of applicable environmental laws and regulations. We recognize the hazardous nature of many of the materials we work with and will seek methods to prevent pollution and to continually improve our environmental performance.
We commit to doing so by:
- Minimizing waste of both materials and energy in our operations
- Recycling or reuse of paper, metal, waste oil and other fluids and materials
- Safe handling of production materials and byproducts
- Using non-toxic, less toxic or recycled alternatives whenever possible
- Disposing of hazardous materials safely according to Vermont State standards and practices
- Always purchasing the more environmentally sound product when a choice is reasonable
- Being willing, as a company, to spend more for such products, rather than buying the cheaper, less sound products when possible
Girlington Garage will continue to develop, document and communicate the general principles and practices of the policy to our employees and make it available to the general public.